If you’re a foreign-trained graduate, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) may require that you upload evaluation letter during online registration. This article contains all the necessary information regarding NYSC evaluation form and all you need to know.
However, not every foreign graduate are asked to upload their evaluation letter, it’s for those whose institutions’ accreditation are in doubt.
What is NYSC Evaluation Letter
It’s a letter that Nigerian foreign graduates need to get from the Federal Ministry of Education. This letter shows that the institution and course they studied abroad are duly accredited by the Govt of that country.
During NYSC online registration, if you see on your dashboard something like “you have not been evaluated yet“. It means you need to upload an evaluation letter.
The NYSC management has made evaluation compulsory for foreign graduates, especially those that studied in African countries.
Why the NYSC Letter of Evaluation
In Nigeria, there are some tertiary institutions that are banned from taking part in NYSC. Because they are not accredited by the National University Commission (NUC) or other regulatory agency;
So, there are many other institutions operating illegally outside the shores of Nigeria. Hence, the NYSC management wants to fish out graduates from those fake foreign institutions.
Also, NYSC check accreditation of course or programme. This is because some institutions are not allowed to offer a particular course or programme.
However, the National University Commission (NUC) has cautioned Nigerians from studying in Ghana, Niger, Togo, Benin Republic, and so on. Maybe it’s because most of the institutions in those countries do not have accreditation.
During evaluation processes, the ministry of education will check the accreditation status of your institution. Make sure your institution is accredited before applying for NYSC; if in doubt it’s your responsibility to visit the Federal Ministry of Education for confirmation.
When you get the NYSC evaluation letter, scan and upload it on your NYSC dashboard. It will take few weeks to reflect.
The category of foreign trained graduate who need to obtain evaluation letters are graduates from higher institutions in:
- Benin Republic
And other Countries which the National University Commission (NUC) has caution Nigerians from studying there due to the uncertainty of the accreditation of undergraduate courses/programmes.
Requirements for NYSC Evaluation Letter
Below are the requirements to get the evaluation letter;
- Degree certificate
- O’Level certificates (5 credits including English & Mathematics in at least 2 sittings)
- International Passport
- Admission letter.
Amount to be paid; ₦500.00 only
How To Process Your NYSC Evaluation Letter
As a foreign graduate, you are to visit the NYSC portal, register and upload the following documents:
- Original O level certificate i.e. WASC, GCE, NECO, NABTEB, IGCE, GCSE, High School Diploma or its equivalent with five (5) credits including Mathematics and English in not more than two(2) sittings. Note: The senior secondary Arabic and Islamic certificate is for the study of Arabic /Islamic related courses like Islamic law, Arabic studies, Islamic Religious Studies etc.
- Original Degree/HND certificate or its equivalent. Please note that letters of attestation or To Whom It May Concern are not accepted in lieu of Degree certificate.
- Original Transcript of Degree/HND Certificate or mark sheet (For Indian Universities).
- International travelling Passport showing data page and date of departure for the course of study.
- International passport showing data page, visa page showing date of departure for studies, date of return to Nigeria after studies. Note: Graduates with dual Nationalities are required to Upload Data pages of both international passports during online registration and present the two passports at the orientation camp for evaluation.
- Residence permit for the duration of study (for ECOWAS countries).
- Medical Doctors, Pharmacists, optometrists, Nurses, Medical Laboratory scientists must upload evidence of registration with their various professional bodies and practicing license.
- Evaluation Letter from the Federal Ministry of Education.
- Graduates who did �top-up� programmes are required to upload Foundation course certificates like NIIT,APTECH, OND, INFORMATICS etc.
Please Note: The NYSC evaluation letter can take weeks or months depending on your school.�your school is responsible for the processing of evaluation letters.
They will compile a list of graduated students and send to the federal ministry of education Abuja. They will now process your evaluation letter and send back to your school.
If you have any questions or enquiries regarding processing evaluation letter, you should use the comment box to communicate your feelings. We will help you out as soon as possible.