Mercy Johnson is a Nigerian actress. She has acted in a number of Nigerian films and has received several awards for her performances. Johnson is one of the most popular and successful actresses in the Nigerian film industry, often referred to as Nollywood. She is also known for her philanthropic work and support of various causes.
Mercy Johnson-Okojie was born on August 28, 1984 in Okene, Kogi State, Nigeria. She is the fourth of seven children born to her parents. Johnson’s family is originally from Kogi State, but she was raised in Lagos, where she completed her primary and secondary education. Johnson’s acting career began in 2004 when she was discovered by a filmmaker while shopping in a mall.
She made her acting debut in the movie “The Maid” and went on to star in numerous other Nollywood films, becoming one of the industry’s leading actresses. Over the years, she has starred in several popular movies, including “Dumebi the Dirty Girl,” “Dumebi in School,” “The Widow,” and “Kassy The Final Battle.” In addition to acting, Johnson is known for her philanthropic work and support of various causes. She is a staunch advocate for women’s rights and has supported a number of initiatives aimed at empowering women and girls in Nigeria. In 2012, she was honored by the Nigerian government for her contributions to the Nigerian film industry and her philanthropic work.
Johnson is married to Prince Odianosen Okojie and the couple has four children together. The couple’s marriage has been the subject of media attention and speculation, but they have remained strong and supportive of each other. In terms of education, Johnson attended the University of Lagos, where she studied Theatre Arts., she did not complete her studies as she decided to focus on her acting career full-time.
Johnson has received several awards and accolades for her acting career, including the City People Entertainment Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role in 2010 and the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2012.
She has also been recognized as one of Nollywood’s most influential figures and continues to be a role model for young women in Nigeria and beyond. In conclusion, Mercy Johnson is a talented actress who has made a significant impact in the Nigerian film industry.
She is also a passionate philanthropist who uses her platform to advocate for women’s rights and support a variety of causes. Despite the challenges she has faced, Johnson remains dedicated to her craft and continues to inspire others with her work.
Here is a list of awards and recognition received by Mercy Johnson:
City People Entertainment Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role (2010)
Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role (2012)
Golden Icon Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role (2013)
Best of Nollywood Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role (2014)
Nollywood Movie Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (2015)
Nigerian Entertainment Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (2016)
Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award for Best Actress in a Drama (2017)
Best of Nollywood Award for Best Indigenous Language Movie (Yoruba) (2017)
National Honors Award by the Nigerian Government (2012)
These are just a few of the many awards and recognition Mercy Johnson has received throughout her career. She remains one of the most highly regarded and successful actresses in the Nigerian film industry, and continues to be a major influence in Nollywood and beyond.
Some Hidden Facts You Need To Know About Her.
- Mercy Johnson has a passion for cooking: Johnson is a skilled cook and has a passion for trying out new recipes. She has been known to surprise her family and friends with her culinary skills, and has been quoted saying that cooking is one of her favorite hobbies.
- She was once a make-up artist: Before launching her acting career, Mercy Johnson worked as a make-up artist in Lagos. She has credited her time as a make-up artist as being instrumental in helping her build confidence and prepare for her acting career.
- Johnson is a trained dancer: In addition to acting, Johnson is also trained in dance. She has been seen performing various dance styles in some of her movies, and is known for her energetic and graceful dance performances.
- She is a dedicated mother: Johnson is a dedicated mother to her four children and is known for being very hands-on in their upbringing.
- She has been quoted saying that her children are her biggest priority and that she is grateful for the opportunity to raise them in a loving and supportive environment.
- Johnson is a devout Christian: Johnson is a devout Christian and has been open about her faith. She has been known to participate in church events and has credited her faith as being a source of strength and guidance in her life.
- She has a close relationship with her siblings: Despite her busy schedule, Johnson is known for being very close to her siblings. She has been quoted saying that her siblings are her closest friends and that she values their support and guidance.
- She has a strong work ethic: Johnson is known for her strong work ethic and her dedication to her craft. She has been quoted saying that she is always striving to improve and that she is constantly challenging herself to be the best she can be.
These qualities have made her one of the most successful and respected actresses in the Nigerian film industry.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY HERE