Michael Stevens Consulting – On behalf of our client, a player in the Oil and Gas sector, we are searching for a suitably qualified candidate to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Telecoms Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide in depth discipline expertise to Microwave communications links, concerning all aspects of Installation, Operation and Maintenance of Microwave Radio system, especially concerning Project Engineering and implementation/Management. This will include conceptual and detailed design, link budget analysis, procurement and implementation.
- Provide technical support and supervision for Glo GSM installations at the required locations in Nigeria’s Niger Delta area.
- Coordinate assigned Projects and supervise vendors to insure work is carried out in line with SPDC HSSE policies.
- Provide infrastructure benchmarks and ensure projects are delivered to operations specification
- IT security and compliance management
- Coordinate and manage Project team’s Microwave Radio equipment materials in the IT Ware House and Stores.
- Regularly Interface with Topography team for East-West Microwave radio Map updates to ensure up to date map records and archives.
- To make inputs into new projects, link designs and implementation activities
- To prepare contract proposal, contract definitions and scope of works microwave link implementation activities. To prepare contract cost estimates, in line with Company standards and policies. To manage and supervise contracts setup for Project activities.
- To ensure completeness of hand-over documentation prior to hand-over to the asset holder/Maintenance team and closeout all completed jobs HSE wise. SPDC, SHELL and International Standards continue to be met throughout project execution;
- Contribute to team’s scheduled activities.
- Prepare bill of engineering measurement in line with contract items to progress creation of PR
- Liaise with the team SAP focal point for creation of PO and issuance to contractor
- Facilitate premobilization of contractor to site by making sure all the necessary HSSE documents are in place.
- Liaise with the community relation officers to secure FTOs prior to contractor mobilization to site
- Mobilize contractor to site and monitor project execution to completion.
- Review as built documentation and transit project to operation
- Technically contribute to strategies for resolving or improving a problematic Radio link.
- Be able to resolve technical problems un-aided
- All logistics requirement, including needs for movements with Escort team when required are adequately planned.
- Site survey for identification of installation requirements
- Identification of challenges and installation needs in conjunction with the customer (production asset and infrastructure team)
- Carry out other activities that may be assigned from the telecoms infrastructure team lead
Qualifiations / Requirements
- B.Eng. (Hons) / B.Sc. / HND in Electrical & Electronic Engineering / Communications / Computer Engineering or Sciences. Master’s / PhD is an added advantage
- Deep understanding of data, voice and video integration to the carrier (Microwave Radio system).
- Very skilled in installation, maintenance and operations of radio system
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Minimum of 10 years experience IT/Telecoms service delivery and support
- Skill in Microwave Radio link budget analysis and design in a telecommunication system
- Knowledge in Microwave Radio Operations and Maintenance
Technology Platforms Required
- Skilled in use of MS Outlook, Microsoft Office applications, Technical Report Writing & Presentations
- Proven understanding of Plant Maintenance management, Quality Management & SAP CMMS
- Excellent interpersonal skills e.g. issue resolution, negotiation, influencing, Collaboration etc
- Resilient personality with focus and determination
- Strong organizational skills essential
- Proven change capacity and ability to align business goals with the business objectives of the organization. Which should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-framed (SMART)?
- Good understanding of the EP business
- Good understanding of the trends in the IT industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, which are critical and required to develop the professional respect essential for successful performance
- Natural flair for documentation and knowledge sharing
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of clients
- Formal Professional Training or Certification will be added advantage
- Ability to lead and manage third party personnel
- Ability to work with other disciplines in a global environment
- Ability to manage relations with peers and senior EP business managers effectively in various organizations
Job Title: Electrical Support Engineer
The Electrical Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Interpretation of equipment instruction and maintenance manuals, schematic drawings and diagnosis.
- Repair, installation and fault findings on LV circuits/equipment.
- Use of diagnostic tools and Electrical hand tools for testing, fault tracing in Hazard Area Classifications.
- Asset Integrity assurance, PM/CM inspections and close-out on SAP.
- Work preparations and material staging for work executions.
- Daily proactive monitoring of rotating and safety & production critical equipment.
- Isolation/De-isolation of specific Items of electrical equipment for Electrical/non-electrical works.
- Job Risk Assessments / Permit to Work preparation.
- Identifying critical spares and follow-up ordering and delivery.
- Promotes site safety and continuous hazard identification, mitigation and close-out.
- Work closely with service Contractor(s) towards safe delivery of vendor-based maintenance jobs.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements (RCAs, MTOs – AMS) as exigent.
- Comply with SPDC’s HSE-MS requirements e.g. adhere to Permit-to-Work Safe system of work, etc.
- Involvement in Engineering / Production related Improvement Initiatives.
- Work on electrical transmission and distribution systems, switching in power distribution systems following electrical safety rules.
- Collaborate with other colleagues to execute regulatory inspections, preventative maintenance, and reactive/breakdown maintenance identified during inspections or as requested by Operations Team.
- Reduce maintenance cost whilst assuring technical integrity and ensuring that SPDC Quality standards are not compromised.
- 5-10 years work experience in operations and maintenance of Electrical generation and distribution systems /equipment within the oil and gas Industry.
- OND / HND in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Electrical Safety practices.
- Execution of preventive and corrective maintenance including troubleshooting electrical systems/equipment and controls.
- Skill level proficiency on interpretation of electrical schematics, loop drawings and general equipment arrangement drawings.
- Knowledge of hazardous area and intrinsic safety design.
- Operation and maintenance of LV power Generation systems; CAT G3512, G3306, D3412, D3304, Perkins.
- Experience in Electric Motors and Controls systems maintenance.
- Experience in Atlas Copco SF11 systems and mobile compressor maintenance.
- Experience in Cathodic protection Transformer Rectifier maintenance.
- Experience in Lightning and Earthing system inspections.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Skill in Electrical Equipment and systems troubleshooting and fault analysis.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job Title: Logistics Support Officer
- Expedite/facilitate the flow of materials between various departments and from office to field. checking quality level
- Responsible for inspecting materials for both quality and quantity.
- Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure that the standards of quality are met and the appropriate quantity has been received.
- Comparing goods with specification and checking of quality level
- liaising with vendors, handling inventories, and tracking orders:
- Keeping track of deliveries, movement of material, the needs of each sector and deadlines involves maintaining accurate, up-to-the-minute records.
- Managed, controlled and directed resources to accomplish maintenance through an effective interface between R&D, Materials Warehouses, Logistics and field locations.
- Work with procurement management to identify performance gaps and delays and to ensure expediting issues are being coordinated and resolved.
- Monitored inventory of supplies and ensured that low stock situations were timely conveyed.
- Created and maintained effective relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Arrange for in-house transfer of materials, aiming to meet production schedules.
- Examine material received, verify part numbers, and check discrepancies, like damaged or unmarked parts
- Excel at coordinating tasks of numerous internal divisions and external agencies to ensure rapid, accurate delivery of equipment, materials and resources.
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with Material Management Office Managers, Project Material Management Managers and Project Procurement Managers
- Main interface to co-ordinate transport to meet material delivery schedules.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements as exigent.
- Keep track of incoming and out going materials from field locations and workshop for repairs and possible follow up with responsible parties to ensure on time completion.
- Follow up on all procured materials through Procurement card and successful delivery to site where required.
- Vehicle, Barge and vessel booking, scheduling and tracking
- OND / HND in any Science / Engineering discipline
- 5-10 years work experience in Material Management and logistics within the oil and gas Industry.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Basic Planning & Scheduling skills.
- Capable of learning multiple internal processes and systems with adherence to policies, safety and security procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including materials management
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, establish priorities and yet be flexible in an ever-changing environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 12th July, 2021
Leave a Reply