Ibis is an international hotel company, owned by a holding company of hotels AccorHotels approximately three times the size, that is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and was founded in 1967. The ibis opened its founding hotel in 1974 and in January 2014 the company opened the 1,000th example in Surabaya, Indonesia. Around 400 ibis Hotels are throughout France and most of the remainder are elsewhere in Europe. The hotels are generally close to city centres, airports or railway stations and offer low rates compared to many global hotel groups of comparable size.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager
- Collaborate with Country Sales Manager in the planning and development of sales strategies, as well as in setting sales goals and standards.
- To negotiate contracts with clients and to ensure that all necessary paperwork (e.g. credit agreements, etc.) is in place prior to clients’ placing business
- To assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in managing and coordinating all efforts of the Sales & Marketing operations, to ensure efficient, prompt, courteous, consistent quality and proactive service for all hotel guests
- Be aware of local market competition, to monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented in the hotel
- To be fully aware of the hotel’s major corporate clients and high-profile individual guests, current VIP guests, hotel promotions and room rates
- To maintain and exceed the hotel’s revenue goals within the allocated market segments
- To maintain confidentiality of the information directly related to the hotel’s activities and to not divulge such information outside the hotel.
- To maintain an efficient sales office procedure and to insure the regular maintenance of an accurate and updated accounts/contacts database and follow – up procedures
- Ensure contact is maintained with clients to create a good work relationship that supports sales as well as increases customer base
- Responsible for developing strategies and suggesting changes which will help bring about more profit and improved sales
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration and other related fields
- Problem solving, communication skills as to relating with clients and colleagues
- Proficient in the use of Opera & other related software for effective marketing communications and operations
- Preferably Female for gender balance
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience in similar role, hotel experience will be a plus
- Sound knowledge of digital and traditional marketing strategies and operations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed
• We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
• We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
• Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
• We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
• Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
• Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
• Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview